Moto-Plaza is committed to protecting your privacy and respects and upholds your rights under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). By using this website, you agree to and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Moto-Plaza as set out in this policy.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Moto-Plaza will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Moto-Plaza will only collect personal information about you directly from you. Moto-Plaza will not collect personal information unless the information is necessary for our functions and activities.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and or telephone number
- Demographic information such as address and postcode
- Other information relevant to warranty service, customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send emails about new products, product updates, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may contact you by email
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- The information we collect will not be sold or rented to any third party.
- Information relating to payment such as credit card details are not currently stored by this website and we have no intention of storing this information in the future.
- We may use the demographic and contact information to improve our products and services. In particular the details of your order and your address may be passed to third parties who will ship the goods to the address you specify when making a purchase
- Any use which is required or authorised by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Moto-Plaza. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your username, password or credit card or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- This site is not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her minor child under 18 has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for our primary purpose or by law). Unless you opt out, your consent to receive communications from us and to the handling of your personal information as detailed above, will continue.
- To opt out of receiving any further communication from Moto-Plaza, email email@example.com